Kiely Holcomb, CPA, MST
Kiely joined the Hayashi Wayland team in 2008. Since then, she’s enjoyed helping clients with everything from small adjustments to improve business, to major changes and big-picture solutions.
Kiely specializes in:
Tax and consulting services.
She is known for:
Solving problems, a laser-focused attention to detail, and being a QuickBooks cleanup pro.
She works with:
Small businesses, nonprofits, and all types of tax clients, including individuals, S Corps, C Corps, and partnerships.
Her best capabilities are:
Helping individuals and businesses to identify issues and giving advice to solve problems.
What Kiely enjoys most about her job:
Variety. “The day-to-day work is never the same. Being able to touch many types of tax returns and the variability that doing this brings.”
Kiely shares Hayashi Wayland’s spirit of volunteering. Her efforts include:
- Past: Treasurer, California Women for Ag
- Past: Treasurer, Salinas Valley Business Women’s Network
- Current: Treasurer, Northern Elementary School PTO
- Volunteering for her children’s sports teams
- Volunteering as her church’s Awana Director & Leader
Professional Affiliations and Credentials:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Member of the California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA)
Bachelor of Science with Concentrations in Accounting and Finance from California State University, Chico
Master of Science in Taxation from Golden Gate University
What you may not know about Kiely…
She lives with her husband JP and three children. While she’s open to any challenge at work, she steers clear from two things at home:
- She “cannot stand to debone a chicken,” so she routinely defers this task to JP.
- She’s also not a fan of dealing with spiders and snakes, so she taps JP for these as well.
Two other interesting “bird-related” tidbits? On weekends, Kiely loves to shoot clay pigeons with her shotgun, and she “owns” a hawk and falcon via her husband who is a licensed falconer.